Thursday, January 13, 2011

01.13.11






A Day of the Dead ballet of delicate departing.
mirror, reflection, symmetry, asymmetry, deja vu, repetition, ballet

What do you see? Shown in all orientations.

Pen & ink on Moleskine watercolor paper. 5 x 7 inches. 
13 January 2011.

for sale


Illustration Friday theme: Deja Vu
An exercise in drawing two shapes as identical as possible, but one an upside-down & mirrored version of the other. I worked on both simultaneously, without allowing myself to rotate the page to help. Given my style of free-flowing embellishment, each time I grew one shape I had to try to do the same as possible for the other. Drawn in the orientation of the first image.

Copyright © Cloudery, all rights reserved. Please do not reproduce without permission. Stealing is sad.

2 comments:

  1. Does look like they are dancing together. Very graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful line work! Makes me want to draw like this more often.

    ReplyDelete